Females, as a species should stick together. Women already have many things to worry about, and hate from their fellow sisters should not be something they have to add to that list. We should support one another in all situations and try our hardest to uplift each other.
Some of us have grown up with the idea that we are in the large scale competition with other women. We are taught that we must snatch up what we want before they can get to it and that in order to get a leg up; that we must trample our sisters under our feet. But if we want to tackle the issues that burden us, if we really want to win over things like sexism, the lack of female presence in politics, unequal education opportunities, and the plague of body insecurity, we must band together.
Practical ways you can uplift, serve, and support other women and girls:
- don't slander other females
- always remember that you are a woman before you are anything else
- truly listen when a female comes to you with her issues or concerns
- if a woman or girls comes to you about harassment or abuse of any kind, whether physical, digital, etc., do not invalidate her feelings or ignore her situation
- never add to a woman's insecurity or self dislike
- do not applaud or chime in when you hear females put themselves down or make self deprecating "jokes"
- if you hold a position of authority over other females, be sure not to abuse your power in any situation
- teach young girls that they are beautiful and that their voice, their perspective, matters
- stick up for women when you see them being attacked or shamed
- respect yourself and set an example for other females